And everything about it that can make your hair curl.
Look, i like having a pair of oldies around who are legally and biologically my parents. At least I can say for myself that I'm not one of those kids who came from dysfunctional families (not that I have anything against dysfunctional families or their kids). But having parents like mine is enough to say i come from a dysfunctional family.PARENTS 101Profile
- 62 year old father, 62 year old mother, both born in the 1940's
- God married at age 35
- Had their one and only child 3 years after, age 38
- Conservative, close-minded, older than old school, with the ultimate desire to control their love childONLY DAUGHTERProfile
- Radical, a child of the 80's
- Liberated thoughts, Totally open minded, Willing to try anything as long as it doesn't involve too much pain, trouble, or drugs
- Gave her parents a grandchild as soon as she was into her first year of her debut
It's like the case of a brother and sister getting married and having sex and giving birth to an genetically abnormal (?) child. You know what I mean.
So where did I pull up all of this being ME
if my parents were orcs (pardon the wordchoice, I just had to say that)?
And being the erratic child of such conventional parents, i have to tell you, its hard living their kind of life.
They want to push all sorts of rules down your throat, they want to control your whole life. They want to draft a life for you and have you live it out for them. They want to be in control but they can't. They want to be the "Parents" that all kids look up to, and that all parents admire. I hate to say it, but it's not working. It's just not working.
Like I said, I like having parents around. And I actually want to get close to mine and follow what they say and do what they want me to do, and be the dream daughter they've wanted me to be.
I'm so ready to understand them. But it's so hard for them to understand me. I'm on the verge of going to a self-help website just so I can ask for help about this problem. I so want a connection with them.
It's sooo hard living in a house with parents who just don't seem
like your own at all...